Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My clients are unable to download. Well you just lost a customer.

Michael F.2
Explorer | Level 3

Your latest update today just locked out a lot of my clients from downloading. I have no other option but to move to a different service.

5 Replies 5

Re: Well you just lost a customer

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hello @Michael F.2. I'm sorry to hear about this.

As I'm not quite sure on the matter at hand, could you elaborate a tad (or even share screenshots that depict the issue) on this please? 

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Michael F.2
Explorer | Level 3

Clients with older browsers are unable to use your site to retrieve files I send them. It won't even load the page anymore, just happened today.  It's like dropbox is trying to make the most bloated slow moving site in which you need the latest greatest computers to even make it work. What happened to "here's a link to the file", they click it and download it? Not that difficult.

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for the quick response Michael - it's most appreciated.

@Michael F.2 wrote:

Clients with older browsers are unable to use your site to retrieve files I send them. 

How old though? If I have to be completely honest here, I'm not noticing any issues like the one you mentioned and we haven't had any similar reports lately. 

All I can say is that our site works best on the two most recent versions of:

I know it's not optimal, but you can ask them to clear their browser's cache, try an incognito window or even a completely different browser too (apart from updating the initial browsers they used). 

I hope this helps!

Walter

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Michael F.2
Explorer | Level 3

No, I'm not going start troubleshooting your site with clients computers. I sent the files via wetransfer instead. worked fine.

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

It goes without saying that, ultimately, the decision is yours to make Michael.

I'm just glad you managed to resolve your concern in the end and thanks for keeping me in the loop.

If you come up with any Dropbox questions in the future, feel free to give us a nudge here and we'll take it from there.

Have a lovely day! 

This thread is closed due to inactivity. Please feel free to create a new topic here. 

Walter

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?