cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Find out how Tiffany, a Customer Experience superstar uses Dropbox to keep her family in the loop when it comes to her new baby here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My contact can't find shared folders

My contact can't find shared folders

HeleneM
Explorer | Level 3

Hi!

I have been sharing folders with a partner for about 3 years on Dropbox without any issues. It's the second time though that I have to send him the documents by email as he can't find the folders any more. He still shows as having full access to them. So from my side I don't see anything strange.

He hasn't changed his email address, me neither. I'm the owner of those folders and no one else than he and I have access to them so no one interfered there. I haven't changed any configuration, everything is exactly as it used to be.

Another co-coworker shares his own folders with him and he's got no problem to find them.  

Can anyone help us?

All the best,

Helene

4 Replies 4

Re: My contact can't find shared folders

Lori
Dropboxer
Hi @HeleneM, let's see what we can find together! 

The first thing your partner needs to check is the available space in his account. 

Does he have enough space? He would need enough in order to be able to add the shared folders. 

If I were him, I'd also take a look at the Sharing tab, to check for the folder there. 

Let me know what you find.

Lori
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

HeleneM
Explorer | Level 3
Hi Lori!

I’m suspecting his Dropbox may be about to exceed its capacity. I’ll ask him to check but I’m afraid he’s not very tech savvy. These are folders I’ve started to share with him some 3 years ago or do and I’m adding files (nothing heavy) regularly. So these are no new folders. He used to see them and now he can’t find them.

I’ll try to check with him.

HeleneM
Explorer | Level 3
Sorry I’m being rude: thank you for your kind help Lori!

Lori
Dropboxer
No worries @HeleneM

He'd still need extra space in order to see the content you added to the folder.

Also, you can share this article with him regarding missing content. 

Lori
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lori Dropboxer
    HeleneM Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?