cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My files are missing after I accessed my account, what can I do?

My files are missing after I accessed my account, what can I do?

Fiaz
New member | Level 2

I don't understand why all these companies simply don't have a click to get advisor help with all these chat bots. Yet their stock price goes up and that's how they are deemed as successful. Just whack factually.

Anyway i logged in, somehow all my files were removed. I didn't regularly access this account, but i log in nothing is there. I don't have any way to talk to DropBox, as there was no support option. I'd be happy if anyone can help here.

Fiaz.

3 Replies 3

Re: My files

Mark
Super User II

What does www.dropbox.com/events show?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Re: My files are missing after I accessed my account, what can I do?

Fiaz
New member | Level 2

I have no activity. That's what it shows.

I have an account this one and my main one i used for business e-mail. With a backup so some of the work stuff i store in Gmail from a setup with Google for Business which i found out i still have access to that e-mail and i happened to many years ago put a lot of things in folders. All the client stuff, however i transferred out. Well most of it. I have conversations though and some folder information still with that gmail. However it just seems like a standalone e-mail account now. 

However just like that one, i irregularly accessed these Dropbox ones this one i originally mentioned as well as the other one i referenced. However i am not 100% sure, the account i checked is the right DropBox one. as we are talking back in 2011 i think just. So if it is my other account and not this one, how do i contract DropBox to reset the password? The domain and e-mail access is expired as it was an old account i didn't use much after i left it. Basically to find those client folders and e-mails as it was with my main business e-mail i'm sure of

Appreciate any help provided

Re: My files are missing after I accessed my account, what can I do?

Mark
Super User II

If www.dropbox.com/events does not show anything then one of two things has happened - you've set a new account up OR this is the account you used to use BUT it was deleted for inactivity. Dropbox removes unused accounts after 12 months (and lots of emails). 

Also if you do not have access to the email account I'm afraid your account cannot be recovered - plus if it was over 12 months it will have been wiped anyway. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?