cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My files are showing a backdated

My files are showing a backdated

SandipRoy
New member | Level 2

Sir, 

My dropbox is working unexpectedly . From last day (10-09-2020) it is showing some of my folders are from (09-15-2020) in fact the datas from that folders are showing the same. 

When I tried to check it by Version History , It is only showing the history from the date itself. My whole work from past few days are completely missing. Folder Rewind- Folder History- Version History all are failed to retrive my data in general way. If it is possible to get dropbox email support or over phone support will be great or else please Help me the get those datas where are really important to me and my team. 

Any support or suggestion are warmly welcome. 

3 Replies 3

Re: My files are showing a backdated

Walter
Dropboxer

Hi there @SandipRoy; welcome to our Community and happy Monday!

If you're not seeing the versions of the files you'd expect on our website, they may have not been syncing properly. If you were on a computer, did you ensure that the desktop app was running and syncing your changes normally? 

On a side note, could you check your events page to see if you can find anything related to those files there? 

Keep me posted!

PS: For more information about your support entitlements, you can take a look here

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

SandipRoy
New member | Level 2

Sir, 

Thank you for the help! 

The problem is still there as the only folder is showing backdated but the other onces are upto date. I have worked in both of those folders and  one of them is synced properly and other one is showing only data from few days back. While I have update both of them in a same time. Not only that, it is not showing any update after 15-09-2020. 

There is nothing showing in even page of the dates. 

Please suggest what to do next. 

Walter
Dropboxer

It seems that the desktop app wasn't syncing properly at that time @SandipRoy.

Do you remember if it had shown to be 'Up to date' in your system tray/menu bar once you had finished your edits?

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropboxer
    SandipRoy New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?