cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My files don't show the updates I made to them

My files don't show the updates I made to them

Explorer | Level 3

I've made multiple edits to a file and made changes as recently as 8/14/20 and none of the changes I've made in the month of August are showing even though Dropbox is showing that last update was 8/14/20.  I've gone through all the typcial troubleshooting suggested by Dropbox but no luck.  Any assistance would be great.  Thanks!

4 Replies 4

Re: File Update

Dropboxer

Hi @cmckay; welcome to our Community!

I'm sorry to ask, but can you clarify what troubleshooting steps you've performed so far?

While we're at it, where were you editing the file and how? Was it through our website, the desktop app or the mobile one perhaps? Do you remember seeing any of your edited versions on our website? 

Last but not least, could you check your events page as this the place where all uploads, edits and deletions are normally logged? 

Keep me posted! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 3

Thanks.  I de-linked and re-linked, restarted the app, closed the app and restarted the computer, checked the anti-virus, etc.  I was editing the file on my desktop through the downloaded app (not mobile or website).  

I went in to the Events page and it is showing mulitple edits (I'm in the file probably daily and editing frequently) and I downloaded several instances of the file from the Events page on different dates and its not showing any updates that I put in.  

Dropboxer

Hi @cmckay, thanks for the additional information. 

Do you see the changes you made locally on your computer? 

Could you also let us know what comes up when you hover over the Dropbox icon that's next to your computer's clock?

Let us know what you find, cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 3

No the changes went away even though I had been updating the file through August.  When I hovered over the icon it was showing everything was up to date.  Given I could not get any support in from figuring out a solution, I have since gone back and had to recreat the file and thus will not be housing any more frequently updated files in Dropbox.  I've had similar issues in the past so the constant "improvements" have been anything but.  Thanks for attempting to find a solution though, appreciate the time.  

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?