cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My files have disappeared

My files have disappeared

MAVERICK-MKIII
Explorer | Level 3

Hi, I just logged into my Dropbox account and can't find my archived files.
Until yesterday everything was ok, now there is nothing.
I'm sure I have not accidentally deleted the files but I still tried to do a recovery on "Deleted files" but there is nothing.
Can someone help me?
Thank you

5 Replies 5

Re: My files have disappeared

Mark
Super User II

What is www.dropbox.com/events showing?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

MAVERICK-MKIII
Explorer | Level 3

It says yesterday at 5:43 pm I removed my access to the shared folder
.... But it's not true

Daphne
Dropboxer
Hey @MAVERICK-MKIII. Is it possible that the owner of the folder, or a member with edit access, removed your access?

In this case, you'll need to reach out to someone who still has access to the folder for them to re-share it with your account, as you won't be able to restore the files.

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

MAVERICK-MKIII
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks for the reply.

Only a colleague of mine and I had access to Dropbox.

My account is "Mauro Barone"
His Dario is Bongiovanni.

The problem is that the files are deleted from my account (Mauro Barone) and not from him. (But I'm sure I didn't, as I wasn't home at the time).

Anyway, I called him and asked him to check if he accidentally deleted the files, but he didn't, as he hasn't been on Dropbox for months.

Also if I type in the search bar the name of the deleted folder, it appears, but when I try to restore it, the system tells me that it's impossible to do it.

Daphne
Dropboxer
While you can see the files as "deleted" in Dropbox, this isn't because the files were deleted but because your access to the folder was removed @MAVERICK-MKIII.

This is expected, as removing your access removes the files from your account.

If they see the folder as normal in their account, this is because their access to the folder hasn't been removed, which is why they don't see the files have been deleted.

Since your colleague still has access to the folder, you can ask them to reshare it with you, as this is the only way to regain access to the shared folder.

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?