cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our users can answer all of your questions on files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

My files wouldn't sync & I was suspecting Boxifier, though the issue isn't there. What can I do?

Helpful | Level 6

I’ve read at least five posts of people saying that after update to 85.4.155 syncing stopped working, and the same happened to me.

At first I thought it was Boxifier, but it seems this is not the case.

I tried all the solutions in the other posts and nothing worked.

When will dropbox solve this?

11 Replies 11
Highlighted

Re: Syncing not working

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey @Diego5, welcome to the Dropbox Community; let’s have a look together! 

• For starters, it would be great if you included the resource(s) you referenced, so that I trace back the steps you’ve followed so far. 
  • Also, are you using Boxifier? 
  • If you do, have you navigated to the "Boxifier" settings & un-checked the box next to "Block Dropbox updates"? 
  • Since the latest stable version of the desktop app is 87.4.138, it would be best if you un-installed the desktop app completely & re-installed once to see if this amends that. 
If you've tried any of these suggestions already, please let me know of the results & we’ll go from there.

Thanks!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

Hello, Jane.

I’ve read all the following posts - post 1 post 2 post 3 post 4 post 5 - and did everything recommended in it, from holding spacebar and alt to click in invisible buttons to fix permissions and hardlinks to unlinking and linking my account and reinstalling dropbox.

For now I did the second step you suggested (in Boxifier) and I have downloaded and installed the Dropbox version. The problem persists.

BEST

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Thanks for looping back to me here with this extra info @Diego5!

As you’ve tried various fixes without success, I’d recommend running an advanced reinstall as the best next step. 

Please let me know how you get on with this & I’ll do my best to touch-base with you. Thanks again!

Jane

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

Hello, Jane. I just finished the process, waited for some time to see if it would sync, but the problems is still here. Blue icon saying "syncing" and stays on that status forever.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
I see.. 🤔 Thanks for trying all my recommendations @Diego5!

It would be more efficient if I could access the details we have on file for your account after this point, so I created a support request on our system to continue working on that. Please have a look at your inbox when you have some spare time & I’ll touch-base with you asap. 

Thanks again!

Jane

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Is there any update with this? I have the same problem.

Thank you

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi there @JDTech; sorry for the late response. Are you still having issues with this?

If you do, could you provide some additional information so we can advise further?

Thanks so much and welcome to the Dropbox Community! 

Walter

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Any resolution to this issue?  I am also having this problem and am now afraid to uninstall anything since i do not know how much data might be residing in the hidden cache folders.  Dropbox only on the computer with boxifier is constantly stuck indexing with an error 

Can't sync "Boxifier" (access denied)

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @SmoothMrBo; thanks for the nudge here. How are you today?

While I won't be able to offer much guidance when it comes to the 3rd party app you're using, namely Boxifier, note that, in general, the message "Access Denied" means our desktop app is unable to access the mentioned location to sync your files. Can you double check that you don't have any applications open that may be writing to that location, Boxifier being one of them? 

Keep me posted! 

Walter

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?