Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My films are not playing on my Dell laptop. They did a month ago with sound but now nothing

Pickle1965
Explorer | Level 3

My videos are no longer playing but they did last month.  I can get one to work but there is no sound despite all appropriate volumes being turned up to the maximum level.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: My films are not playing on my Dell laptop. They did a month ago with sound but now nothing

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

If you’re able to play the videos through the website then it would suggest that the file itself shouldn't have any issues like corruption.

When you mention opening the video through the computer, do you have the desktop app installed and your files syncing to your computer in the Dropbox folder? If that’s the case, you should be able to view the video correctly as the actual file will be syncing to your computer.

Do you perhaps have another software you can try open the video with to see if you see the same behaviour? Could you please try downloading the video from the website and try playing it locally on your computer and let me know if there is any difference in the way the video plays as a test?

Let me know what you find - Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Re: My films are not playing on my Dell laptop. They did a month ago with sound but now nothing

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey there @Pickle1965,

Can you let me know how Dropbox comes into play with this issue you’re having here? Are you trying to play the videos from your Dropbox account perhaps via the website or open them locally from your desktop Dropbox folder?

Any additional info you may think might be useful to know is always appreciated - Cheers!

Daphne

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Pickle1965
Explorer | Level 3

I was trying to open them through the icon on my laptop and they wouldn't play.  However, I have just tried through my web browser and everything seems to be working now.  Should I be able to watch through the laptop or does it have to be through the web?

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

If you’re able to play the videos through the website then it would suggest that the file itself shouldn't have any issues like corruption.

When you mention opening the video through the computer, do you have the desktop app installed and your files syncing to your computer in the Dropbox folder? If that’s the case, you should be able to view the video correctly as the actual file will be syncing to your computer.

Do you perhaps have another software you can try open the video with to see if you see the same behaviour? Could you please try downloading the video from the website and try playing it locally on your computer and let me know if there is any difference in the way the video plays as a test?

Let me know what you find - Thanks!

Daphne

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?