cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My photos are not changing to jpg format when uploading them to Dropbox from my iOS device.

My photos are not changing to jpg format when uploading them to Dropbox from my iOS device.

Leo24
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

For the Dropbox version IOS app 208.2.12 there is a bug that needs to be fixed and updated.  I am using an iPad Pro 11" first generation. I am an ebay Powerseller.  When taking pictures of my purses to sell and dropbox over to my Desktop PC then upload to my ebay store my pictures will not change to jpg format.  They stay in the heic format which need to be in jpg format to upload.  The new drop recognizes when I take regular pictures of my Bengal Cats as jpg format.  It also recognizes when I take a picture of my medical bill to send to my health insurance company as png.  Be for some reason when taking pictures of my designer purses to list on my ebay store it will not go out of the heic format.  I even changed this on the dropbox app for default to jpg recommended by still goes to heic format.  All other formats are recognized.  I have never had this type of problem ever before.  Please, advise?  I have checked all my setting on my Desktop PC & IOS dropbox settings.F277B852-1D81-4862-9352-2435462EBDA8.png257544B4-CE5A-4D07-A9C2-2177A457CC2C.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Leo24, I hope you're having a good week so far!

The setting in the Dropbox app is for when you upload photos through automatic camera uploads. Are you perhaps uploading the photos manually?

Perhaps I can suggest changing the format through your Camera settings with the steps outlined here.

Let me know if this helps - thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Leo24, I hope you're having a good week so far!

The setting in the Dropbox app is for when you upload photos through automatic camera uploads. Are you perhaps uploading the photos manually?

Perhaps I can suggest changing the format through your Camera settings with the steps outlined here.

Let me know if this helps - thanks!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Leo24
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hello Daphne,

Thanks for getting back with me with the solution.  Please, note for iPadOs 14 & 14.0.1 when going to settings on left side pane for the iPad Pro 11" then going to Camera.  Then on the top right hand side top formats I had to change High Efficiency to Most Compatible for Dropbox to recognize the pictures I take to send by dropbox to my Desktop PC then using Desktop dropbox to upload and put on my ebay store.  This did the trick.  I have noticed this is new feature for IOS 14 & 14.0.1 where it changes to High Efficiency for default.  You have to manually change this if you are using dropbox on IOS and uploading which will then keep the JPG format.  It also mentions for High Efficiency to reduce the file size, capture photos and videos in the high efficiency HEIF/HEVC format.  Most Compatible will always use JPEG/H.264, but 4k at 60 fps and 1080p at 240 fps require High Efficiency.

Kind regards,

Doris

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

I'm glad to hear that did the trick @Leo24!

If you need anything else, I'm just a post away. 😁

Have a lovely weekend ahead Doris!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

anson924
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

@Leo924

I have the same problem when uploading thecamera photo from iphone.  I found that the problem may be the heic photos is captured from the iphone live photos, is that the same as your current situation?

Leo24
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Yes, this is the same issue.  I have an iPad Pro 11" 1st generation.  When Apple updated their IOS to 14 & 14.01 this starting occuring.  So by following my steps which I have detailed out in the forum this should resolve your issue.

anson924
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
I think this is an problem to use dropbox services, it would be grateful if dropbox look into this problem.
but not solve the problem by user manually change the iphone camera quality.
thank you.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

anson924 Explorer | Level 4
    Leo24 Explorer | Level 3
    Daphne Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?