cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to hear from you. What do you use Dropbox for?
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

My photos don't get added to my Dropbox account from my iPhone anymore

Explorer | Level 3

Hi!

I always synced my iPhone photos in Dropbox, but today I notice it is not working correctly.
Some photos I expected to be synced aren't! And luckily, I still have them on my iPhone.
Is there any way to "refresh" the syncing to ensure all the photos will be sent to the cloud, not only the recent ones?
Thanks in advance for any help.
Regards,

7 Replies 7
Highlighted

Re: Iphone photo syncing

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @Islandes, welcome to the Dropbox Community. 

Could it be that your Dropbox account is out of available storage to add the photos?

Could you have a look at your Plan tab and let me know what you find?

Thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hi Lusil,
Sorry for the delay, and thanks for your support.
Actually, I have two Dropbox accounts.
A free one is connected to this login, and another one is Dropbox plus.
The issue I've described in the previous post is related to the Dropbox plus account.
I barely used 25% of the Dropbox plus storage, and I've been able to upload my photos so far.
Any idea about the reason some photos have not been uploaded?
Is there any way to refresh the uploads process in order to consider all the data I have on my iPhone, not only recent photos?
Thanks in advance.
Re-nato

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hi again,
Since my issue is connected to another Dropbox account, should I post this "help" logging in the other account?
Thanks for your attention.
Regards,
Re-nato

Highlighted

Re: My photos don't get added to my Dropbox account from my iPhone anymore

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2
รูปอะไรครับ...ไม่เคยส่งรูปไม่มีรูปสักใบเลยครับ
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for your updates here @Islandes!

Through the Community it wouldn't matter too much which account is connected to your profile here as we don't have any insight into your account anyway. Please just reply from whichever account is easier.

For the files that are supposed to be uploaded from your phone, are you using the automatic camera uploads for this?

Also, are the photos that are missing just recent photos or specific photos from your device? Are these perhaps edited photos?

Keep us posted!

Daphne

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hi Daphne!
Thanks for your message.
Regarding my files, they are not recent, and there was no edition on the photos. Just ordinary images I shot with my iPhone.
Yes, I am using the automatic camera uploads feature.
I wonder if I should move the files I already have in the "camera uploads" folder to a backup folder. In case I empty my "camera uploads" folder at Dropbox, will all my photos from iPhone be uploaded again?
Regards,
Re-nato

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to us, @Islandes

You can have as many photos as you like in your Camera Uploads folder, as long as there is space in your Dropbox account to hold them all. 

Having said that, could you double-check that you are indeed signed in on the Plus account on your mobile device by going to your Account tab?

If you find that it is the same account, could you try toggling the camera uploads option off and on again? 

Let us know how it goes, cheers!

Lusil

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
<b>We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now <a href="https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Business-Tips-tricks/Folder-structure-best-practice/m-p/428456#M39"><u>check it out here</u></a>.</b>

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?