cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My synced folders randomly decide to be online only

My synced folders randomly decide to be online only

Dashutt7
New member | Level 2

Working on a bunch of huge video projects, and for some reason once in a while a folder will just decide it doesn't want to be synced anymore and will go into online only mode?

It happened this morning, I was relinking some footage in Davinci Resolve and the footage linked fine (meaning it was synced), then 5 minutes later, it said 'media offline' I checked the folder and the entire folder had decided to go into offline only mode.

It's happened twice recently now and it's not good when I have to wait hours for it all to re download, costing me half a days work.

Anyone know what might be happening so i can avoid this?

1 Reply 1

Re: My synced folders randomly decide to be online only

Daphne
Dropboxer
Hi there @Dashutt7, I hope you're well today!

Did you recently access this folder locally on your computer, before it was changed to "online only"?

Can you please check if you have automatic Smart Sync enabled too? You can find out how to check this under the "Automatic Smart Sync" section here.

Let me know what you find!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?