cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our users can answer all of your questions on files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

My zip files are broken

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi all,

I have problem  downloading my zip files.So i recently  backup some files from my old system to dropbox, and now when i download them they are empty but size is ok.

Anyone know what is happening, am i losing my data?

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: My zip files are broken

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey @cone021, let’s see what may have caused this together! 

If that’s okay with you, can you cross-check the downloaded file’s size & the file size you can see on your account online? Do these match? Is that a folder that you’re downloading perchance (i.e. that would also become a zip file locally)?

Note: If you’re using a Mac and the ZIP file you downloaded contains a file larger than 4GB, the Archive Utility tool on MacOS may fail to extract the contents of the ZIP file. If this happens, you will need to use a different software or the Terminal program to extract the files.

If these were zipped prior to uploading, then could you include a bit more context on your circumstances, so as to make sure I’m further advising correctly? 

Thanks in advance! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Re: My zip files are broken

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey @cone021, let’s see what may have caused this together! 

If that’s okay with you, can you cross-check the downloaded file’s size & the file size you can see on your account online? Do these match? Is that a folder that you’re downloading perchance (i.e. that would also become a zip file locally)?

Note: If you’re using a Mac and the ZIP file you downloaded contains a file larger than 4GB, the Archive Utility tool on MacOS may fail to extract the contents of the ZIP file. If this happens, you will need to use a different software or the Terminal program to extract the files.

If these were zipped prior to uploading, then could you include a bit more context on your circumstances, so as to make sure I’m further advising correctly? 

Thanks in advance! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Polls
Have you been keeping up good habits while working from home?
We've created a working from home cheat sheet to help keep up on those habits, check it out here.
Need more support?