cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Find out how Tiffany, a Customer Experience superstar uses Dropbox to keep her family in the loop when it comes to her new baby here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need My Vault Files Released!

Need My Vault Files Released!

NManley
Explorer | Level 3

I faced so many technical difficulties during my trial period that I decided to not upgrade but how do I now get my files out of vault?

8 Replies 8

Re: Need My Vault Files Released!

NManley
Explorer | Level 3
I failed to also mention that Dropbox should release or make all files placed in vault immediately accessible upon cancellation or as in my case, to not upgrade due to MANY technical difficulties! Those are my files and I should have access to them under their free plan!

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hey @NManley, thanks for reaching out to us and sorry to hear about your frustration. 

Generally, if you downgrade to a Basic account, the next time you enter your PIN to open your vault, it should become a regular folder.

Are you having trouble accessing your files in your vault by any chance?

Let us know and we'll take it from there, cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

NManley
Explorer | Level 3
Thank you for your reply. Password and vault option is not accessible. Please release all my files from Vault ASAP.

This should have been done automatically once my trial period expired and I did not upgrade. I need my files released TODAY, please. Thank you!

Lori
Dropboxer
Hey @NManley, when you say they are inaccessible, do you get any errors when trying to open your Dropbox Vault? 

Any screenshots of what you see when trying to open the content would be more than welcome, just make sure your personal info is not shown there.

Cheers!

Lori
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

NManley
Explorer | Level 3
The files I placed in Vault are not showing up anywhere! When I go to settings / vault; it simply tells me to upgrade. I have spent much time already on this, PLEASE find and release my vault files TODAY!

I am at work right now; I will work on finding another source to store my files. As you can see, I have faced nothing but difficulties and frustration with Dropbox. I used to like you guys a lot. Not so sure anymore!

NManley
Explorer | Level 3
Can someone please find and release my files that were stored in vault! When I started this thread, I had mentioned the many difficulties and frustration I had faced; at this point in time, you should simply restore my upgrade privileges so as to access all my files at no cost to me for the next 6 months! I need all my files that were placed in vault! I need them ASAP!

NManley
Explorer | Level 3
Hello Lori,

Can you PLEASE help to get my files released from vault or make available ASAP. Better yet, if someone can pls get a manager to review this and to help release my vault files, that would be great!

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey @NManley, I'm sorry to hear about this situation and would love to assist further.

To do so, may I reach out via email through the address that you've linked to your profile here on our Community?

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropboxer
    NManley Explorer | Level 3
    Lori Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?