cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need assistance in retrieving my files after I have changed my email

Highlighted

Need assistance in retrieving my files after I have changed my email

New member | Level 2

Recently I have changed my dropbox email and thought the files/folders in my laptop will be transferred to desktop when I signed in, but it seems all are gone. I read that if the files/folders are somehow deleted it can be retrieve and I am wondering must I pay for the subscription to use this feature?

Any assistance on this is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Need assistance in retrieving my files after I have changed my email

Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hi @Shelmoh,

Are you sure that you "have changed" your email associated to the Dropbox account or, may be, you have signed up new Dropbox account with the new email? Did you change the email assigned to your account here with "Edit", next to your old email? If not, you have signed up new account and that's why it's empty. In such a case you can still access your old (non empty) account using the old email. If you want, the email could be updated after deleting the new account; the new email must not be assigned to Dropbox account.

Hope this gives idea.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?