cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need rewind for Basic Account due to Ransomware attack

Highlighted

Need rewind for Basic Account due to Ransomware attack

Explorer | Level 3

My Basic account was attacked by Ransomware on 10.10.20.  I need to have a rewind on my files to before that date but I cannot get directly in touch with technical support.  I am happy to pay for the rewind.  Please advise quickly as all of my files are now encrypted.  Thank you.

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: Need rewind for Basic Account due to Ransomware attack

Dropboxer

Hi @LeeA, thanks for posting on the Community!

I understand that your computer has been affected by ransomware. The first thing we recommend is to ensure that the ransomware has been removed from your account to prevent re-infection.

As Dropbox Rewind is only available on paid plans, would it be possible to contact you at the email address associated with this forum profile to assist further? Thanks!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Yes Jay - please contact me via email for suggested solutions.  I am not overly familiar with this forum and had trouble finding my original question hence the delay in responding - thanks!

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Thanks for the reply. I've sent you an email, please could you reply to it as soon as possible to assist further? Thanks!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?