cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to fulfil a request, upload speed is really slow and then it fails

Need to fulfil a request, upload speed is really slow and then it fails

Inbarfink
New member | Level 2

There's an important file I need to transfer, and the receiver wants me to do it via a Dropbox request. I have the link to the request, but I can't upload the file!

Every time I try, the file uploads really really slowly, and then eventually fails and offers me to try again. It's a fairly decently-sized file (0.98 GB), but it's not too big for Dropbox, right? There's another file that I uploaded on this request which is much smaller (12 KB), but the main and most important file just keeps failing the upload again and again.

Then I tried to refresh the window in hopes it will work better but now the Upload button doesn't seem to be working at all?

This file is a video and the receiver needs it at the highest quality so I would really prefer to not shrink it too much.

Can someone please help me? I need to resolve this by the 27th!

1 Reply 1

Re: Need to fulfil a request, upload speed is really slow and then it fails

Hannah
Dropboxer
Hi @Inbarfink, and thanks for joining the Dropbox Community!

Can you try opening the file request link and upload the file using a different browser or an Incognito/private browsing window, to see if that helps?

Let me know how it went!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?