cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how Community ideas impact Dropbox development? Check it out here

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network connection

Network connection

mmorello91
New member | Level 2

Hi, I'm trying to download files from Dropbox and right when they're done downloading, it stops and says "The network connection was lost" but my internet connection is fine. I'm not sure if this is a dropbox issue or not.

7 Replies 7

Re: Network connection

Jay
Dropboxer

Hi @mmorello91, thanks for messaging the Community!

Are you experiencing on the Dropbox site directly, or via the mobile app when trying to export or view files?

Any other info or screenshots would be helpful!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

GMarchuk
New member | Level 2

I'm experiencing the same issue downloading from the Dropbox site directly. Tried on MacOS Catalina AND MacOS 10.13.6 (High Sierra.) Same issue on both Operating Systems.

Jay
Dropboxer

Hi @GMarchuk, could you try switching browsers to see if this helps? 

Otherwise, you can try using incognito/private browsing mode without any extensions running, clearing your cache and even resetting your browser entirely. 

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

GMarchuk
New member | Level 2

@Jay I tried using Chorme as well and encountered the same issue.

Now I've also tried shutting off all extensions, using private browsing mode, and clearing the cache and I seem to have the same problem. I have not yet tried resetting the browser entirely……I'll have to figure out how to do that.

Would there be a Cookie setting somewhere that had to be adjusted?

Jay
Dropboxer

There isn't a need to manually adjust cookies. This issue generally sounds like a proxy, VPN, firewall, security software, or even ISP/router issues that could be restricting traffic to the following Dropbox domains.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

JKendo
New member | Level 2

I am having the same issue over here. Ive tried multiple browsers, cleared cache and used incognito. Whats the fix? This is extremely frustrating!

Screen Shot 2021-02-11 at 3.32.43 PM.png

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hey @JKendo, thanks for nudging us here and awesome work with the initial troubleshooting. 

If possible, could you confirm for me if you have the same issue if you connect to a different network?

Also, are you having this issue regardless of the file or folder you try to download?

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropboxer
    JKendo New member | Level 2
    Jay Dropboxer
    GMarchuk New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?