cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Mac not syncing

New Mac not syncing

New member | Level 2

Hi guys,

I've had Dropbox for awhile.  Always had a PC but have moved over to a Macbook Pro.  I've downloaded and installed Dropbox.  Can see all of my shared folders.  However, when I try to update one of the sheets, it automatically creates a copy and doesn't update on the shared one.  I can go onto the webpage and am able to do it if I open up the folder into an Excel sheet.  But much easier if I can just do it from the app on the Mac.  Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Jeff

1 Reply 1

Re: New Mac not syncing

Dropboxer

Hi there Jeff; welcome aboard and thanks for using Dropbox!

Can you please let me know the exact status of the desktop app as shown in your menu bar so I can have a better look into this? 

Also, how are you editing the sheet in the first place and how is this logged in your events page

Any additional information is more than welcome @jrdun

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?