cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New folder creation

New folder creation

Explorer | Level 3

When I click to create a new folder, I always immediately go to type in the new folder name, only to realize there is no cursor in the name box, so nothing appears. I have to manually click in the box to be able to begin typing. It would be very helpful if, once someone creates a new folder if they can immediately name that folder without having to place the cursor, click, then name it. I hope that makes sense. 

7 Replies 7

Re: New folder creation

Dropboxer

Hey @tgr74; thanks for using Dropbox!

I'm not getting the same behavior when clicking on the 'New Folder' button on our website as I can immediately start typing the folder's name without my cursor losing its focus.

Can you clear your browser's cache or try another browser and let us know if you get any different results? 

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 3
Thank you Walter! I will try this today and let you know. I’m glad to hear it may just be something on my end, therefore fixable.

Dropboxer

No worries @tgr74.

Keep me posted!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 3

Hi Walter - sorry I wasn't able to check yesterday.  I cleared my cache (to the best of my ability) on Safari and it was still happening.  I launched Dropbox on Chrome however and as you said, it works correctly on Chrome.  SO... maybe it's just an issue with dropbox and Safari.   I hope they can resolve it!  THanks!  

Dropboxer

Could you just check if you get the same behaviour within a private Safari window too, @tgr74?

Do you have any possible updates for your OS/Safari?

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Explorer | Level 3
Thanks Daphne! I will try a private window. No updates needed though.

Explorer | Level 3

Hello again!  I tried the private window in Safari and it unfortunately still happened.   I have to believe it is a Safari issue?  

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?