Highlighted

Re: No option for local or online

Explorer | Level 3

Okay, I replied to the email. Thanks

Highlighted

Re: No Smart Sync Options In My Context Menu

Helpful | Level 6

I'm having the exact same problem.

How do you set up a firewall such that it won't prevent syncing?

Helpful | Level 6

@Daphne please send me instructions on how to resolve this.

So far it's cost me an entire day trying to resolve this issue. Chat support didn't even know about it. I expect the people on this thread will be getting a reimbursement or free future Dropbox service to compensate for their time spent in working through this.

Highlighted

Re: Smart Sync – Can't adjust Online/Local

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I'm having the same issue, also with Yosemite 10.10.5. Is there a solution?

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

I’ve reached out to the email address associated with your Community profile as we need to do some further investigation into this. Please check your inbox at your earliest convenience and we can continue from there.

Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Re: Smart Sync – Can't adjust Online/Local

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

I’ve reached out to your email address associated with your Community profile so that we can do some further investigating into the issue. If you’d like to do so, please check your inbox and reply back to my email at your earliest convenience.

Thanks!

Daphne

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

I have the same issue and was told to reinstall I guess the CS team is not aware of this problem. I am so glad I found this tread! my case #9456035 thanks Alix 

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for letting me know your ticket number! I’ve notified the agent handling your case internally, that you’re having the same issue as described here on this thread and they’ll continue with some further investigation through your open communication.

Have a great day - Cheers!

Daphne

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

@jaywood317 wrote:
Referring to my previous post in this thread. This solution worked for me.

Download offline installer. v74
Go offline.
Install.
Run command in terminal.
You're done.

Has to be in that order; because when you reinstall Dropbox, the auto update file is replaced, negating the change we made in terminal.

I followed your steps and dropbox no longer auto-updates, but the app doesn't get past "starting". seems like changing the updater's permissions has somehow rendered the app unable to sync.

-- EDIT --

After 15 minutes it looks like Dropbox has actually finished "starting" now and is syncing. Looks like it will take at least an hour, but I'm hoping this works.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

I hope that you syncing is working fine now, the desktop app can show as “Starting” for an extended period if you have a lot of file within your Dropbox folder. The starting period is when the app indexes the files within the Dropbox folder, so a large amount of files can lead to a longer start up time.

Hope this helps to ease your mind - Thanks!

Daphne

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?