cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No longer able to choose upload folder from Android

No longer able to choose upload folder from Android

daniele f.
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

In version 14.2.2 of the Android app, and probably already in the previos one, on Galaxy Nexus, when I try to upload to Dropbox from any location (gallery, Camscan, etc.), I can no longer choose the target folder: Dropbox gives me the first folder I used after reinstall, and I can only create a new subfolder (or canel uploading), but not navigate the folder tree and choose the folder for upload. It wasn't like that in the previous versions.

This is so annoying! Please help

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Simon G.15
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I think i found a solution to the problem by accident today!

When I press the Android stock Back button, it will automatically go back to the previous parent folder!

I am using Nexus 6P.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Amanda M.16
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I'm having the same issue on my Samsung devices. When I share from "My Files" to Dropbox I am no longer able to choose the destination folder. It is really annoying and I hope it is fixed soon. I have tried reinstalling and clearing the app caches.

daniele f.
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Yes, same for me, reinstalling and clearing the cache does not help; the first upload folder chosen after re-install remains as the "default" upload folder, and afterwards there is no way of changing it.

Claudia L.5
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Same issue. 😞

Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

Simon G.15
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I think i found a solution to the problem by accident today!

When I press the Android stock Back button, it will automatically go back to the previous parent folder!

I am using Nexus 6P.

daniele f.
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thanks Simon G., works for me too.

Counterintuitive, but it works.

urbanmojo
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I was having the same problem on my OnePlus One, back button works. Not intuitive thought, there should be an "up folder" link or breadcrumb path.

ppmwilson
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Excellent. Thank you for sharing that.

javilafranca
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Oh, I finally found a (the?) solution! Thanks for sharing.

TiShma
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
You're a life saver. Because it's not only dropbox. I had several apps "prevented" from uploading, since they have defaulted to a folder too big to open. And your simple solution works for all
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

AndreKR New member | Level 2
    SGolden Explorer | Level 4
    TiShma New member | Level 2
    javilafranca New member | Level 2
    ppmwilson New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?