cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No more app sign-in?

No more app sign-in?

New member | Level 2

I use the non-upgraded version of Dropbox. Just opened the app on my phone and noticed that it was no longer asking for my password. I thought that something went wrong but when I went to make sure the password setting was still on, I noticed it was no longer there. Now it's no different than what oneDrive used to be. Am I missing something?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: No more app sign-in?

New member | Level 2

Thanks. I guess what I meant to say was "passcode" or "PIN" instead of "password". I'm just now noticing the small gear in the upper left on the Account tab, which I assumed had all the settings on it. The passcode lock must have reset after an update because there's no way I would have turned it off myself. Anyways, problem solved.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Super User II

@MRCAB wrote:

Just opened the app on my phone and noticed that it was no longer asking for my password.

The app only asks for your username and password once, when you first sign in. After that it signs you in automatically because the device has been authorized and added to your account. You can set a PIN that you're prompted for each time you open the app, but it will only ever ask for your username and password once, when you first connect the device to your account.

New member | Level 2

Thanks. I guess what I meant to say was "passcode" or "PIN" instead of "password". I'm just now noticing the small gear in the upper left on the Account tab, which I assumed had all the settings on it. The passcode lock must have reset after an update because there's no way I would have turned it off myself. Anyways, problem solved.

View solution in original post

Super User II

@MRCAB wrote:

The passcode lock must have reset after an update because there's no way I would have turned it off myself.

If you removed and reinstalled the app, the PIN would have been disabled. It's not disabled through the update process.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?