cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No option to rename photos

No option to rename photos

New member | Level 1

There is no renaming option in the drop-down on the top right corner when I select a photo on the timeline or even when I click on the thumbnail and open it. The only way I can rename a photo is by clicking on 'show in folder' in the drop-down, and then doing it there. This is very basic so its absence is annoying. Any suggestions? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: No option to rename photos

Super User II

You can only rename files in the Files view. You cannot do it from the Timeline.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Super User II

You can only rename files in the Files view. You cannot do it from the Timeline.

View solution in original post

New member | Level 2

Yes, such a basic feature lacking from Photos mode in the browser.

The iOS app (and maybe Android also?) Photos mode does allow you Rename from Photos mode. So that's one possible workaround.

Option to Rename a folder not seen. Please help!

New member | Level 2

I am replying to your previous solution because I cannot find the answer to my question anywhere, nor has Dropbox Support been able to help me.

I need to rename a video file. I have clicked on the ... next to the file, but there is no option to Rename there. I'm at a dead end and hope you can help.

Thank you so much.

Dropboxer

Hi @cmf1; I'm sorry for the late response.

I was wondering if you're still having issues with this in which case a screenshot of the options you get would be very helpful so please send us one so we can have a visual too.

Thanks a bunch! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?