cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how Community ideas impact Dropbox development? Check it out here

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No "Save to Dropbox" option after updating to iOS 14

No "Save to Dropbox" option after updating to iOS 14

lcsv
Helpful | Level 5

Previously there was a 'Save to Dropbox' option in the share menu on iOS.  I recently upgraded to iOS 14 and now I don't have that option anymore.  I mostly use it to save recipes and I really miss the option.  Is there a way to get it back?

24 Replies 24

Re: Save to Dropbox option

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hey there @lcsv, I hope you're having a good week so far!

Can you please take a look at Rich's post here, and let me know if this is the option you're referring to not being able to see?

With the latest version of iOS, you should see the option by scrolling downwards, instead of from the horizontal scrolling bar.

Keep me posted!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

lcsv
Helpful | Level 5
Daphne...I don’t think that it’s the same issue that Rich was having. Previously, I could go to a website using Safari, hit the share icon, and ‘save to dropbox’ was one of the options on the share menu. That menu option is gone now. I did find a workaround but it takes a few more steps. I turned on Dropbox as a location in the Files app. When I’m on a webpage and open the share menu, there’s an option to send it as a pdf. Once I select that option, I can save to Files and select Dropbox in Files. So it’s about 4 steps now where it used to be just one. I was hoping there was some way to get the save to dropbox option back on the share menu.

Daphne
Dropboxer

Thanks for clarifying that @lcsv!

Just to clarify, can you let me know what you're trying to save to Dropbox from Safari?

For example, is it a web page, or perhaps something in PDF format?

If you're not seeing the option "Save to Dropbox" from when you scroll downwards after tapping the share icon, please send along a screenshot of the options that you do see.

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

lcsv
Helpful | Level 5
I used to be able to go to the web page and, when I selected ‘save to dropbox’ from the ‘share’ menu, it would save the page to dropbox as a pdf. Now I have to select ‘send as pdf’ then save to files and select dropbox inside the files app. So, in answer to your question, I’m saving a web page as a pdf file.

Walter
Dropboxer

Thanks for the additional information @lcsv; much appreciated!

Could you also send us a screenshot of the options you get when you scroll downwards after tapping the share icon as Daphne outlined? 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

lcsv
Helpful | Level 5
@Walter...I’m unable to paste a screenshot. How do I attach it?

Walter
Dropboxer

If you don't get an option to 'Choose' a file to upload in your reply's box, you can share a link to your screenshot instead @lcsv.

Walter
dropbox.com/support

lcsv
Helpful | Level 5
Here’s a link to a screenshot of the share menu. There used to be a ‘save to dropbox’ option on the menu. I’m using an iPhone with iOS 14.

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0YGYHSlV6K1kBPAoZnPchUZ9A

Daphne
Dropboxer

Awesome, thanks for that @lcsv!

Once you've tapped the share icon, at the top of the pop up window where it shows "allrecipes.com", please tap the blue "Options >" icon.

From there, you should be able to specify to save as a PDF. 

If you choose that option, do you then see the option to "Save to Dropbox"?

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Davidbkitts New member | Level 2
    keepitupguys New member | Level 2
    Daphne Dropboxer
    icycolour Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?