cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No uploaded photos are showing in the Photos section of ios or Android apps after December 2020.

No uploaded photos are showing in the Photos section of ios or Android apps after December 2020.

JLK88
Helpful | Level 5

I assumed I could open a ticket, but that doesn't seem to be the case, and I'm not sure how else I'm supposed to get help.  I've used about 70% of my capacity and have the maximum number of devices linked (3 in my case). Camera upload is working correctly, but since 2021 began, new photos upload, appear (with correct date metadata) in the "Camera Upload" folder, but do not show in the "Photos" section of Dropbox. The Photos section begins with December 2020, even though there are photos uploaded that are dated after that, in January and February 2021. This is happening in both the Android app (on my phone, a Samsung Galaxy S8) and the iOS app (on my iPad mini 4). I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the apps, and also manually uploading photos, but no matter what I do, uploaded photos are not appearing in the Photos section.

Does anyone know why this is happening or how I can get help for this?

32 Replies 32

Re: No uploaded photos are showing in the Photos section of ios or Android apps after December 2020.

Rich
Super User II

@JLK88 wrote:

This is happening in both the Android app (on my phone, a Samsung Galaxy S8) and the iOS app (on my iPad mini 4).

Have you checked your Photos page on the Dropbox website? Are the photos appearing there?

Re: No uploaded photos are showing in the Photos section of ios or Android apps after December 2020.

Craig S.
Explorer | Level 4

I've had the same problem for a few days. Yes, the photos do show up on the website in /photos but not in the Photos "tab" of the Android app. Tried the latest version. No change. The issue with this feature not working is that the Photos tab on the app is the only way that you can share a selection of photos by a Dropbox shared (collection) link. 

JLK88
Helpful | Level 5
Since I posted, my past January and February photos appeared in my Photos. However, I'm still having the same problem that newly uploaded photos, while showing in the Camera Upload folder, do not show up in Photos. I'm assuming/hoping that they'll eventually be there - but they used to show up immediately after upload, not days or weeks later.

I'm still hoping someone has an idea what might be causing this, since apparently this is the only way I can seek help with a Dropbox issue.

Craig S.
Explorer | Level 4

Similar story for me. Yesterday's photos only showed up in the app today. Photo's from ealier today didn't until just now, although there is still a problem as if I take a photo now, it gets uploaded but still doesn't appear in Photos...

Craig S.
Explorer | Level 4

Not sure if this has changed but the files ARE uploaded (appear in Camera Uploads when going to the website); DON'T appear in /photos on the website and DON'T appear on the Android app's Photos "tab". All sounding like a back-end indexing issue.

Craig S.
Explorer | Level 4

It seems to be working again.

csteddy
Explorer | Level 4

and now it's not working

Jay
Dropboxer

Hi everyone, could you let me know a few things about the images that aren't loading on the app?

Are they jpg, jpeg or png files? What size are the files themselves?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Craig S.10
New member | Level 2
jpg and png
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?