cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Get summer ready with Dropbox basic - travel documents, plans, progress reminders and more, right over here.

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting upload confirmation emails when uploading to a file request via android phone.

Not getting upload confirmation emails when uploading to a file request via android phone.

evalinotti
Explorer | Level 3

I load to file requests almost daily and usually using my phone. I used to get confirmation emails everytime I uploaded but now I only receive them when I upload using my desktop. I don’t receive them when uploading using my phone.

Can anyone help with a solution?

3 Replies 3

Re: Not getting upload confirmation emails when uploading to a file request via android phone.

Walter
Dropboxer
Hi @evalinotti, sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

Could you please try uploading to a file request through another browser than the one you used originally?

Also, are you uploading files that are in your Dropbox account or on your device's local storage?

Any additional information is more than welcome!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!

Re: Not getting upload confirmation emails when uploading to a file request via android phone.

evalinotti
Explorer | Level 3
Hi Walter,
I am uploading a file from a local device (samsung android phone). I uploaded it to the file request,received the "finished uploading" message but no confirmation email.

I repeated the process by uploading the same file to the same file request using my windows desktop and received the confirmation email.

Why is this happening and how can I correct it?

Megan
Dropboxer
Hi @evalinotti, sorry to jump in here!

Would it be okay if I reached out to you via email in order to look into this more closely? 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!

Poll
Which Dropbox Plan do you have?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropboxer
    evalinotti Explorer | Level 3
    Walter Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?