cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We're back with another cheat sheet to make your 2022 easier than ever! Check out our tips here

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Not receiving notification of comments to a file that I own

Not receiving notification of comments to a file that I own

Larry at Ballyshannon
Helpful | Level 6

Did this issue ever get resolved?  I saw numerous posts that a file owner is not receiving notification of comments to that file unless the owner subscribes to the file, or unless the owner is @mentioned in a comment.  The Dropbox documentation says that the owner will receive notification of all comments to the file. This is not happening. 

All notification options are checked, and our software is up to date. The problem is not on the user end, we are 99.9% certain.  Thanks.

3 Replies 3

Hannah
Dropboxer
Hey @Larry at Ballyshannon, thanks for posting on our Community!

Have you tried uninstalling the Dropbox application, restarting your computer and then reinstalling it, to see if that helps?

Keep me posted.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Larry at Ballyshannon
Helpful | Level 6

This did not fix the issue. We need elevated support for this problem. Dropbox does not behave as described in the documentation.  When a user posts a comment without @mentions, the owner of the file does NOT receive any notification that a comment has been made unless she/he subscribes to that file.  Your documentation says otherwise. Is anyone working on this issue?

Thank you.

Hannah
Dropboxer
Can I actually reach out to you via email, so we can investigate a bit further, Larry?

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Need more support?