cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to make our Community work for you and we need your help. Take our short survey!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not syncing in both ways

Highlighted

Not syncing in both ways

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi all, hope you can help me. Suddenly I got a problem. I have dropbox on my NAS drive and all years it was no problem. But now it stopped to sync files from dropbox to NAS. In other way (NAS to dropbox) is working still perfectly but if I put some files on dropbox using pc, web dropbox etc it is not showing on the NAS. What could be the solution for the problem?

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: Not syncing in both ways

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @Alex_HC - welcome to the Dropbox Community!

From what I understand the specific setup you are using has the Dropbox folder on a NAS or network storage device.

Our desktop app is probably presenting this behavior because network file systems do not send messages when files change. When the desktop application first starts it will do a deep file scan and will detect changes and sync them. However, during normal operation, Dropbox waits for "file update events" and only physically connected drives send these events.

The best fix to this problem is simply to move the Dropbox folder to your computer's internal drive. You can use the steps in the following Help Center article:

https://www.dropbox.com/help/desktop-web/move-dropbox-folder

[The location you select is the folder where the Dropbox folder will be moved to, rather than the folder your Dropbox files will be stored in.]

I strongly recommend choosing a location on the same hard drive as your operating system as the app won't work correctly should the Dropbox folder ever become inaccessible.

I hope this helps clear things up and I'm always a post away if you have any additional questions. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2
Thank you very much for you comment. Actualli DB + NAS worked very good for me last 3 years. The problem appeared only couple days before. But I will check what could be other problems
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Keep me in the loop please @Alex_HC

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?