cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications Not Correct

Notifications Not Correct

Explorer | Level 3

Hi everyone! I've noticed several times that my Dropbox notifications pop up occasionally, telling me a high number of photos (I only use it for photos, from my android phone) have been put in, but I've only taken 4 photos and it tells me 43 have been added. What/why/when is it counting? Thanks a lot!

2 Replies 2

Re: Notifications Not Correct

Dropboxer

Hey @IloSar; thanks for using Dropbox!

Could you please clarify where exactly are you seeing this notification so I can advise further? 

While we're at it, are you manually uploading your photos or did you enable the automatic camera uploads feature? 

Also, do you see this number of files when you log into your account on our website? 

Any additional information is more than welcome!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Notifications Not Correct

Explorer | Level 3

Hi Walter, thanks. I get an occasional little box slide out of the right-hand side upper screen stating Dropbox, You added 54 files, then slides away again (1 second). It has happened for a while, and I just never looked into it. It happens when I'm on the internet any time, have not noticed it if I'm on Dropbox site. My photos are auto uploaded from my phone to Dropbox. I usually download and remove my photos from Dropbox approx once a month, and file them in folders on my external memory. Thanks for your help.  

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?