cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Notifications when files are uploaded in Shared Folder

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2
I have shared a folder with others. When I shared the folder the other person got a notification. However, when he uploaded the files into this shared folder, I don't receive any notification. I have checked all the boxes in notification page. Also, checked all the boxes in "Notifications" tab in "Preferences" on the desktop application. Please help!
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Notifications when files are uploaded in Shared Folder

Super User II
Super User II

You only get a notification on screen for a few seconds. If you are not at the screen that notification goes and isnt recoverable. 

So, you will need to ask the person to tell you they've done so

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

You only get a notification on screen for a few seconds. If you are not at the screen that notification goes and isnt recoverable. 

So, you will need to ask the person to tell you they've done so

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Thanks for the clarification, Mark! Appreciated!

Is there any way to receive an email, automatically, as soon as the files are uploaded? Are there any such settings available in DropBox?

Thanks again!

Highlighted

I'm receiving notifications for every file uploaded by a client, how can I stop these?

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi, I work for a company who uses dropbox for their clients to upload all their paperwork. 

one client isnt very tech friendly and uses their phone to upload the documents straight from their photo album. the only problem is we get an email every time he uploads a picture into his folder saying ' invited you to view the file' for EVERY single picture 

this only happens for him. are there any suggestions on how to stop these notifications? 

I have already tried 'notifications' in settings but no

Highlighted

Re: too many notifications

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there @phoenix2,

From what you mentioned about the notification, it sounds like they're actually sharing the uploaded files with you. Can you just confirm for me that the notification specifically mentions you being "invited" as this would mean that they've specifically shared the files with you?

It might be worth also contacting the client and asking if they're actively sharing the uploaded files with you too.

Let me know what you find there - Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?