Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Notifying all people in shared folder with an email?

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I own a shared folder.  How can I notify all of the people that I am sharing information with that there has been changes made?  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Notifying all people in shared folder with an email?

Super User II
Super User II

@Oscar T.1 wrote:

I own a shared folder.  How can I notify all of the people that I am sharing information with that there has been changes made?  

You need to contact them yourself. Dropbox has no feature to email all members of a share.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

@Oscar T.1 wrote:

You need to contact them yourself. Dropbox has no feature to email all members of a share.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Hi @Oscar T.1

Yup you can do that with Dropbox,

Simply go to your shared folder, then share it again with all your members and add a message attached to your invitation, it work even if they are are already members of that shared folder. They will receive the message by email with a link to click and go see the changes in your shared folder!

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

@Is_this_real wrote:

Yup you can do that with Dropbox,Simply go to your shared folder, then share it again with all your members and add a message attached to your invitation

You'll still need to re-type all the email addresses that way, as Dropbox doesn't allow you to select the members that you've already shared it with. In that case, it's easier to just type an email.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?