cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number of files in a shared drive

Number of files in a shared drive

BMoorer
New member | Level 2

Good morning I have seen threads on this topic but does not clearly answer my question. One of my clients need their Dropbox Drive cleaned up and in order to work out how to charge for the inventory, clean up, renaming, archiving etc I would like to know how many files are in the parent folder to include all folders and sub folders. I am not looking for size. Where do I find this number? I do not want to sync this folder to my computer. Can Dropbox help from back of house? As a start how do I find how many files in my Business account?

3 Replies 3

Re: Number of files in a shared drive

Hannah
Dropboxer

Hey @BMoorer , thanks for posting!

While there's no Dropbox way to calculate the number of files and folders in the Dropbox folder, the Dropbox folder is just like any other folder on your computer, so I guess you can select the files to see how many they are. 

You're more than welcome to post your idea here, though, if you want!

Let me know if you need anything else. Happy Friday!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

BMoorer
New member | Level 2

Thanks Hannah.

So it sounds like you are saying if I have 500 folders I need to click on each of these folders to check how many is in each folder?

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @BMoorer, currently there isn't a method to see how many files or folders you have on your account via the Dropbox site.

If you wish, you can suggest this change for others to vote on, so the dev team can look into this in future.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropboxer
    BMoorer New member | Level 2
    Hannah Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?