cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Deleted Files & Folders Reappear Years Later

Old Deleted Files & Folders Reappear Years Later

R P.7
Helpful | Level 5

Last week I downgraded from a Professional to a Plus account. Suddenly a several old folders and files reappeared. Some that I deleted years ago. (1) I do store my files with DB (2) I do not access DB with any other devices with the exception of my desktop (3) I do not have a DB App installed on any electronic device (4) I do not use the cloud (5) I went through the lengthy process of un-sharing folders, deleting each file within each folder, then selecting "permanently" delete (files and folders).

I've had similar and reported these issues beginning at least 6 years.  Deleting files and folder from DB has been one of my main complaints. I do not believe DB deletes files and/or folders.

Any suggestions on how to remove files/folders forever would be greatly appreciated.

2 Replies 2

Re: Old Deleted Files & Folders Reappear Years Later

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @R P.7, thanks for posting today!

Could you check the version history of one of the files that appeared on your account to see when it was uploaded to the site?

Are you certain that there are no devices connected to your account?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Old Deleted Files & Folders Reappear Years Later

R P.7
Helpful | Level 5

Unfortunately, as soon as I saw the folders and files, I deleted them. I'll be sure to follow your instructions the next time this comes up.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?