cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old File version showing online and mobile apps

Old File version showing online and mobile apps

Fab5SF
New member | Level 2

We have a running excel sheet that we update daily. This file is shared amongst a number of people. I personally updated it on my desktop version of Dropbox and another person was updating it from the web last night. I am the admin of the group. The file is showing the version I was working on last night. The mobile app is showing a version from September. I checked the online version and it is also showing the version from September.  So, I was thinking mayber someone saved an old version. So, I went back on the version history and doesn't matter which one I click on they all show the exact same file, which is the old version. My PC under file explorer is showing that the version I'm looking at saved (the little green bubble with the checkmark next to it). So, I'm wondering: 1. How did this old version from september get saved over my current file     2. Why is it showing the current version on the computer apps but the old version on web and mobile apps?   3. How do I get them to sync back up properly together?

1 Reply 1

Re: Old File version showing online and mobile apps

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hey @Fab5SF, let's see what we can do here. 

It sounds like syncing isn't running accordingly on your desktop app. 

The first step would be to check that your desktop app is up to date, which you can do by hovering over the Dropbox icon that's next to your computer's clock. 

If you've already done that, I would recommend following the steps mentioned in this post to fixing your hardlinks and permissions. 

If you want to have some peace of mind, you can copy the file to another location, outside of your Dropbox folder, before carrying out the above steps. 

Give it a shot and let me know how it goes. 

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?