cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Photos with new creation date in Camera Upload on iPhone

Old Photos with new creation date in Camera Upload on iPhone

dsuwandi
Explorer | Level 3

I'm copy pasting a query I found online (reddit) that is the same issue that I have been having for a number of days.

I've recently noticed an issue I've never had before with Camera Upload. I use camera upload specifically because of how Dropbox names the files by their creation date, ie. when the photos were shot/taken. This is now based on when I finished editing the live photos, which I usually do at the end of the day. The uploaded files are now quite randomised and not in sequence.

I've also noticed a lot of old pictures showing up in my camera uploads, thousands of them from the first time I start using my iPhone. Most likely the ones that I had edited in the past (not recently).

Any help appreciated as now I have to rename/retime every photos so that they're showing in the right order.

PS: The uploaded old photos can be easily deleted but it's going to take hours/days/weeks to have all of them uploaded unfortunately.

5 Replies 5

Re: Old Photos with new creation date in Camera Upload on iPhone

Hannah
Dropboxer
Hey @dsuwandi, thanks for posting on our Community!

Would you mind sending us a couple of screenshots of some example file names?

It could be an example of an older file, with the correct name and an example of a newer file with the name it appears with now.

Thanks!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

dsuwandi
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks Hannah for reaching out.

I've attached a couple of examples.

Photo taken on 12 February 2019 which had been previously uploaded (re-uploaded last night 4 October 2021, note time stamp). I may have edited this in the past (like back in 2019) and hence it's uploading again now, with many thousands more since the latest App update.

Photo taken on 12 February 2019 which had been previously uploaded (re-uploaded last night 4 October 2021).jpg

Photo taken this morning at 6:19am, edited just now at 1:21pm. Uploaded twice (once before editing, once after). Normally in the past before the latest update, the edited version will be time stamped 06.19.57-1 to indicate edited version. Also normally in the past, if I have opened Dropbox prior to editing, ie. uploaded the original photo, it will no longer upload the edited version. Now if I open the App on iPhone after editing, it will just upload the edited version (not uploading the original version, unless I upload then before editing).

Photo taken this morning at 6_19AM edited just now at 1_21PM (uploaded twice, normally in the past, the edited version will be time stamped 06.19.57-1).jpg

Hope it is not too confusing. and thanks again.

I just like how it worked in the past and now it's time consuming to rearrange my uploaded photos.

Hannah
Dropboxer
Thank you for your response and the screenshots!

Can I actually reach out to you via email, so we can look into this more closely?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

dsuwandi
Explorer | Level 3

Most definitely. Thanking you in advance and really appreciate it.

Jay
Dropboxer
Thanks, I've sent you an email. Please could you reply to it as soon as possible.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropboxer
    dsuwandi Explorer | Level 3
    Hannah Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?