cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old account and all files are gone ?

Old account and all files are gone ?

Explorer | Level 3

So.. I just remembered that i have this amazing thing calld dropbox. I tried to log in on my email, nothing, requested the new password (i was pretty sure i didnt remember it), nothing. So this is my account email from 2017. so my guestion is, is all my allmost 50gb files just gone in the wind or do i get them back somehow. 

if u guys can point the right direction for my next contact place or something.

Thx 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Old account and all files are gone ?

Super User II

@Nikivain wrote:
I think abaut 2017 early 2018.

If your account was idle for more than a year, it would have been deleted due to inactivity. Unfortunately, in such a case, neither the account nor the files within it can be recovered.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Dropboxer

Hi @Nikivain, thanks for reaching out!

Around when was the last time that you accessed this account?

Also, since you mentioned having around 50 GB of files, did you have a subscription for additional space, or the free Basic account?

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 3
I think abaut 2017 early 2018. I had a free account and there was sometime a deal if u made a shared folder with someone you would get 50gb of space in it. My email is the same now and then. I had the shared folder with my gf, and she cant remember what email she had at the time.
Hope i get my photos back..

Super User II

@Nikivain wrote:
I think abaut 2017 early 2018.

If your account was idle for more than a year, it would have been deleted due to inactivity. Unfortunately, in such a case, neither the account nor the files within it can be recovered.

View solution in original post

Explorer | Level 3
Well that sucks ass. I got no warnings or anything. Sorry for calling dropbox a amazing thing. But thanks

New member | Level 2
Dear Dropbox Team

I have the same problem..my account was closed by dropbox because not active for 1 year...pls help can i recoverd my account ? Need your help to recover my account
Thx
Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?