cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old account - files?

Old account - files?

Aleksandra_2
Explorer | Level 3

Hi!

I just logged on to my account, which I have for a very long time, and discovered that all my files... gone. My account wasn't deleted, it was active all the time, and the last time I logged here was a few months ago.  At that time everything was okay, all my files were here. And now my account is empty. Why? Before, I logged in even less often and everything was fine...  It couldn't have happened due to a year of inactivity, because as I say, I logged into my account a few months ago. I have not created a new account, logged in to the one I have for a long time.
Can somebody help me? I would like to recover these files.

4 Replies 4

Re: Old account - files?

Mark
Super User II

What is www.dropbox.com/events showing?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Aleksandra_2
Explorer | Level 3

It is showing some actions:

On December 28, 2020 I added a few files. I can't even see them, they can be downloaded, but when I do, I get an error.

And there are three other actions from January 24, 2021. One action indicates that I have edited the folder and the other two that I have deleted several hundred files. 
I did some account cleanup a few months ago, right, but not that much. I have never deleted all files. I don't even remember logging in here in January this year.

Aleksandra_2
Explorer | Level 3

Will someone help me? 😞 

Mark
Super User II

I'm afraid that as its over 30 days since you deleted them files they are not recoverable @Aleksandra_2  - files can only be recovered for 30 days if you are a free user. 180 days if you are, at the time of deletion, a paid user. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?