Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox files & folders

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Old shared links not working after old employees dropbox account transferred to the new employee.

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

So I am a new employee here. This is the situation. The old employee created several shared links and distributed to our clients, now he is not here anymore. The IT transferred his files to my account. Now after transferring the old links what he shared are not working. 

I know I can create a new link for the content but we have like hundreds of links like that and going and creating each link will take time. 

Please advise what can be done. 

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Old shared links not working after old employees dropbox account transferred to the new employee

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi there @kdmax24

When you transfer contents of a member's account to another, shared links created by the former member will no longer work. 

If you want to send previously shared content with a shared link, you'll have to create it once more. 

I understand that this may not be the ideal reply you were looking for, but let me know if you have any other questions!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?