Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Older Mac, FileMaker and syncing issues

Explorer | Level 3

Bare with me as I'm getting information on an issue but not experiencing it, myself.

We work on Macs and we store our FileMaker Pro Advanced version 11.0v4 Databases in Dropbox.  Beginning last Saturday, our Dropbox starting having issues with syncing.  It gets to like 422 of thousands of records and just does this continual loop.  We have had to start taking the database out of Dropbox to work in it then put it back and smaller Word, Excel and pdf's seem to be fine and sync.  Any idea what we can do to fix this?  Was thinking creating a new Dropbox account and splitting the load with one account JUST for storage and the other for more frequently utilized documents.  Any help is appreciated.

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Older Mac, FileMaker and syncing issues

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hello there @Debbiestoc. Thanks for sharing this experience in Community. 

I want to start with saying it will be easier to troubleshoot directly with the users facing the issue. I recommend having them contact us here or at: https://www.dropbox.com/support.

I am not sure I understand exactly what is going on, but I would love to get more info and help via this thread, if I can.  Can you please provide some screenshots of the syncing status looping and anything else that concerns the users? 

The following info for each device facing the issue would help me a lot. 

1. The Operating system version of each device. 
  2. The Dropbox version of each device. 

Thank you in advance! 

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?