cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out how our Community members are using Dropbox here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: One dropboxlink for many dropbox files

Highlighted

One dropboxlink for many dropbox files

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi, 

I have a very simple question. I have made about ten files and would like to post one dropbox link for all of them (not one link for each separately). How is it done? 

Thanks,

Zoë

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Super Collaborator | Level 20

@Zoe Voborilova wrote:

... I thought Dropbox would do it for me, but it seems Dropbox will only give a link to copy /paste for one file at a time...

🙂 Hi again @Zoe Voborilova,

I confess, I'm little bit confused. What exactly you mean "I thought Dropbox would do it for me"? 🤔 Dropbox syncs account content to every one device connected/linked to your account. The account content keeps the structure of a directory tree replicated on every one device. If you have Dropbox application installed, then you can do in Dropbox folder on your computer whatever you can in any other folder, including new folder creation and files rearrangements (files movements). In every case you can do the same in the web interface (with or without application installed). Link could point to a folder in the same way like to a file.

Hope this adds some clarity.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Hi @Zoe Voborilova,

What about put files on focus in a directory and 'post' a link to the directory, instead multiple link per file? 🤔😉

Hope this gives idea.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi!

Thank you for your reply - what kind of directory? I thought Dropbox would do it for me, but it seems Dropbox will only give a link to copy /paste for one file at a time..

Thanks,

Zoë

Highlighted

@Zoe Voborilova wrote:

... I thought Dropbox would do it for me, but it seems Dropbox will only give a link to copy /paste for one file at a time...

🙂 Hi again @Zoe Voborilova,

I confess, I'm little bit confused. What exactly you mean "I thought Dropbox would do it for me"? 🤔 Dropbox syncs account content to every one device connected/linked to your account. The account content keeps the structure of a directory tree replicated on every one device. If you have Dropbox application installed, then you can do in Dropbox folder on your computer whatever you can in any other folder, including new folder creation and files rearrangements (files movements). In every case you can do the same in the web interface (with or without application installed). Link could point to a folder in the same way like to a file.

Hope this adds some clarity.

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?