cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Find out how Tiffany, a Customer Experience superstar uses Dropbox to keep her family in the loop when it comes to her new baby here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One member per team

One member per team

Rorro
New member | Level 2

Hi community!  I would like to know how to restrict the access to a file and avoid the version creations. This is because it has happened that one team member is working on the same file at the same time and then 2 files are created when they save the changes of they work. I would like that only one member can use the file and any other can edit the file while the first one is editing it. 

1 Reply 1

Re: One member per team

Walter
Dropboxer
Hey @Rorro, welcome to the Dropbox Community and happy Monday!

Instead of restricting access to the file, have you considered using the Dropbox Badge to co-ordinate when editing shared files?

If you're part of the same team account, you can restrict access to the folder using these steps or even utilize our file locking feature.

I hope this helps!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?