cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One of my folder dissappeared

Highlighted

One of my folder dissappeared

New member | Level 2

Hi, I found today that one of my folder dissappeared. I used  file from this folder two days ago. I was thare. I did not dete this folder. Now I can not see it among deleted files and can not restore it. But can see this folder  as delited if swith viewing all files. How can I restore It?

Thank you in advance

6 Replies 6
Highlighted

Re: One of my folder dissappeared

Dropboxer

Hi @alexey1, thanks for posting today!

If the file is not in the deleted files page, could you check the events page to see if you're able to view it from there?

This will help me assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

Hi, Jay

Thank you for reply.

I found the event that can be translated in English this way:

«You have revoked your access to the "ILM536" shared folder»

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

Hi, Jay

I have additional information.

It is the wrong name of the folder. My deleted folder was named "Documents" and I can see it with this name by switching the option of seeing all files.

The folder with name «ILM536» perhaps existed in the far past and I even do not remember if I deleted it or renamed.

And as I can see the action was appeared at  17/10/2020 23:19. That time my comuter was switched off, and I could not perform this action.

Thank you for help.

Highlighted

Dropboxer

If you see a message like "You have revoked your access", then it means that you, or a member of the shared folder removed your access to the folder.

This means you can't restore your access to the folder. Only the owner of the folder can re-invite you back to the folder to view it again.

Is the 'Documents' folder inside this shared folder, or was it unrelated? What happens when you try to restore the folder from the files page?

Jay

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

Hi, Jay

Thank you for answer and help

When I  chose option "Return to common folder"  after the sign of the process of returning I get the answer that the request is not executed successfully.

Highlighted

Dropboxer

I'm not sure I understand what option you chose, are you referring to returning to the parent folder, or the Files page?

Any other info or screenshots would be helpful!

Jay

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?