cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only six versions of a document available for recovery.

Only six versions of a document available for recovery.

Explorer | Level 3

Opened a document this morning to discover I'd somehow managed to accidentally delete a couple of weeks' work, leaving only the last few paragraphs.

Dropbox says it stores changes for thirty days, but when I looked for a restore, only the last six versions were available, which, as I save my work frequently like all sensible people, means Dropbox has only stored changes as far back as the last quarter of an hour or so's work yesterday morning (and these are all after the deletion occurred!)

I've been staring at the 'Version history' page for ages and there is absolutely no way on it of accessing earlier versions.Surely there's something wrong here? Why can't I access earlier versions? Am I missing something obvious? Help!

EDIT: PLEASE IGNORE THIS QUESTION--HAVEN'T FIGURED OUT HOW TO DELETE IT, BUT I MADE A MONUMENTAL **bleep**-UP--SENIOR MOMENT.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Only six versions of a document available for recovery.

Dropboxer
Hey there (@Extaff), let me dig a bit deeper & have a closer look on your current filestructure through our Official Support channel. So as to look into the matter having all our tools available, I’ve made sure to reach out to you directly via email. 

Whenever you find some time, please check your inbox for my message & I’ll make sure to promptly get back in touch with you asap. Thanks in advance!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https:confused face:/dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Re: Only six versions of a document available for recovery.

Dropboxer
Hey there (@Extaff), let me dig a bit deeper & have a closer look on your current filestructure through our Official Support channel. So as to look into the matter having all our tools available, I’ve made sure to reach out to you directly via email. 

Whenever you find some time, please check your inbox for my message & I’ll make sure to promptly get back in touch with you asap. Thanks in advance!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https:confused face:/dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?