cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only some files downloading when i download whole folder

Highlighted

Only some files downloading when i download whole folder

Explorer | Level 3

Hi all!

So I have been sent a folder by a friend. I download the whole folder (3.1gb, 200 odd files) and it says it has downloaded.

When I open the downloads, there are only certain ones available. It will let me download each file individually but not sure why it won't download them all?

They are all ppt and word documents.

Any ideas?

tried various browers etc and different PCs!

Thanks! 

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: Only some files downloading when i download whole folder

Dropboxer

Hi @dreamuser123, thanks for posting today!

Could you clarify what you mean by downloading the entire folder, and then you have to download them individually?

Are the files visible on the Dropbox site but not the computer? Are these files in a shared folder, or a shared link to a folder online?

This will help me assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3
Hi Jay - so I click download on the whole folder. It downloads most of the files but not all of them. So a sub folder within is viewable on Dropbox but when I download to the computer nothing is there?
Highlighted

Dropboxer

Please could you clarify what you mean when 'nothing is there', is it completely empty? In the zip file you get when you download the folder, does it have files within?

A screenshot showing how you're downloading the folder, and how it appears on your machine, would be great!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?