cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only today's versions of a file in the "version history"

Only today's versions of a file in the "version history"

Explorer | Level 3

I need to compare a file I am working on actively with a version of it from two days ago. But when I go to version history of this file I only see the list of all the saved copies from today. 

How can I retrieve an older version? 

Thanks!
I am on the Basic plan, 30 days is the period the versions are stored, is it not?

1 Reply 1

Re: Only today's versions of a file in the "version history"

Dropboxer

Hello there @mashsand, thanks for posting in the Community!

Could you just clarify for me, where were you editing the file from? Were you using the online integrations to edit the file through the website, or locally on your desktop from the Dropbox folder?

The version history for a Basic account is indeed 30 days, so I'm wondering if perhaps the files might have been edited locally and the changes made previously didn't sync with Dropbox.

Also, do you see any actions for the files being edited before from your Events page?

Let me know what you find and we'll go from there!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?