cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open dropbox-link in existing Finder window (with existing tab-group) instead of a new window (mac)

Open dropbox-link in existing Finder window (with existing tab-group) instead of a new window (mac)

WildfireQueen
Helpful | Level 6

I'd like to open my dropbox links in the existing Finder-window I have active, instead of in a new window. So, when I click 'open in finder' within an online dropbox-link, Dropbox/Finder adds a tab to the existing Finder-window/tab group with the designated folder.

Currently, when I have a finder-window with several tabs active and I click on 'open in finder', the link opens in a new finder-window and I have to manually add it as a tab to the pre-existing Finder-window/group of tabs.

I already have the finder-preference "Open folders in tabs instead of windows" active, so that's not the issue. Same with the dropbox-preference "Open folders in Finder".

Not entirely sure if this is a finder or dropbox-issue and/or this is solvable.

1 Reply 1

Re: Open dropbox-link in existing Finder window (with existing tab-group) instead of a new window...

Lori
Dropboxer
Hi @WildfireQueen, I hope your day is going great! 

I'd love to see some screenshots that demonstrate what you described. 

If it's not too much of a trouble, can you send me some? 

Thank you beforehand. 

Lori
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lori Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?