Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Opening a File in Strange Eons

Helpful | Level 5

When I attempt to open the file in Strange Eons, I get a disclaimer stating it can't be done.  It used to be I could download the Strange Eons file and as I selected a menu item from the dropbox file, it would open on that website, which it no longer does.

Can someone give me some pointers on what I can do?  It might be a zip file, but I downloaded 7-zip and that didn't open it, either.  Still the same disclaimer.  I don't think any of the label choices cover this, but it's possible the poster of this file deleted it, so I chose that option.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Steve

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Opening a File in Strange Eons

Helpful | Level 5

Got it.  I downloaded the Strange Eons website, which I had done the other day without success.  It turns out, I had to have both WinZip installed and Strange Eons downloaded to get where I wanted to get.

Thanks for your patience.  I couldn't have done it without you.

Steve

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey @stevenbaker, I’m here to help if I can! 

• For starters, can you clarify how you’ve stored your file in Dropbox & what’s device you’re opening it on? (Tip: A step-by-step description would be ideal.)
  • Since you mentioned that you could get going with that previously, is it the same steps causing you the issue or a variation?
  • Could you include a screenshot (omitting personal info) in your next message for me showing me the banner you’re seeing? 

Once you get back in touch with me, I'll make sure to address your initial inquiry a bit closer. Thanks Steve!

[Edit: While I slightly modified the Label & Tag to match your description, I appreciate it that you tried to help me!]

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

It isn't my file, but I found it through a website.  I think I provided a link to the dropbox file.  But I'm trying to open it on a Dell PC at the library.  There's a sticker on it that says Core is vPro 9th Gen.  Other than that, I don't see a model. #.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r3i4n35gdg9gk0s/The%20Horror%20at%20Red%20Hook.zip?dl=0&file_subpath=%2FTh...

If you just click on one of the items randomly, it will show the ".eon files can't be previewed disclaimer.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Steve

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

I haven't gotten a reply, yet, just your asking me for some clarification.

Steve

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

Capture.PNG

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

So there's the screen shot you asked for.  I had a little trouble figuring out what I was supposed to be doing.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Thanks for the nudge & all the extra details Steve!

The files you’d like to access are stored within a .zip file, that lets you view a list of all folders and files within the .zip & preview supported file types on our website. However, .eon file previews aren’t currently supported & that’s triggering the error message.

You should be able to Download the folder, decompress it & access your files locally within the third-party app you’re using. If you’re trying to  Download the files individually, you may be facing issues editing them since these are already stored within the directory. 

I hope my message helps shed some light!

Jane

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

This has helped a lot.  I have downloaded WinZip, which I did the other day, but had no luck in opening the file.  The file opens to my menu options; I select one, as an example below.:

When I click on "Ashmodai SP1.eon, all the screen does is blink and then the exact same thing shows up again; so, it isn't opening it.

Capture.PNG

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

Got it.  I downloaded the Strange Eons website, which I had done the other day without success.  It turns out, I had to have both WinZip installed and Strange Eons downloaded to get where I wanted to get.

Thanks for your patience.  I couldn't have done it without you.

Steve

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

🥳 Hooray!

Glad to hear we’ve figured out a solution together Steve; happy Dropboxing ahead! 😊

Jane

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?