cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Out of space - Need to delete

Out of space - Need to delete

DaveKerr
New member | Level 2

I have a Dropbox account  - in it is one shared folder for work and I am told it has 976 Mb of data in it, a long way from the 2GB max.

I have one other 1 page resume document that is only visible by me. There is something else in there that says My PC ..I don;t know it it a sync tool or backup of some sort but I did not put it there and don't know how to delete it, it doesnt' give me an option. How can I find out what it is and how to delete so I am not sent message that I have used close to storage limit and need to upgrade, not even close to the true case.  Please advise. 

1 Reply 1

Re: Out of space - Need to delete

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hello @DaveKerr, thanks for reaching out to us. 

Since you have a "My PC" folder in your Dropbox account, it sounds like computer backup was enabled. 

This is a feature that backs up computer folders (like Downloads and Documents) to your Dropbox folder. 

To stop using it, you can turn it off by following the steps mentioned in this article

If you're not sure which computer it's enabled on, you can find out by checking the device outlined in the name after "My PC".

Give it a try and let me know how it goes, thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?