cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Out-of-space problem

Out-of-space problem

andrew4549
Explorer | Level 3

I get an "Out of space" message, but after I have permanently deleted many files, I still get the same message.

[removed per the Community's Guidelines]

5 Replies 5

Re: Out-of-space problem

Huntikgo
New member | Level 2

Here are some potential issues or reasons fro your dilemna:

• Is the "full" dropbox account the same as the one you deleted files in (hey, you never know)? is it the same folder? (potential duplicate?)
  • Despite deleting many files, your dropbox folder exceeds your account limit. Try right clicking the dropbox folder and clicking properties to check the size of the folder. Your account limit can be found on the website or on the dropdown menu in the desktop app
  • Your dropbox folder may not have sync enabled or similar settings that say something like "delete only on this device" or the like
  • Do you have shared folders? they take up space for bot the person sharing and the person shared to (links dont count, just the actual folders)

If all else fails, i suggest describing more of your issues and the things you tried to do, or sending a support ticket.

andrew4549
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you for your response...

-Yes, the "full" account is the same as the one I deleted files from.

-I right-clicked on the folder (I have a Mac, so it's Control-click) but there were no "Properties" to click on.

-I didn't understand this comment (how do I enable sync?)...

• Your dropbox folder may not have sync enabled or similar settings that say something like "delete only on this device" or the like

-I do not have shared folders.

Walter
Dropboxer
Hey @andrew4549; sorry to jump in here, but could you let us know what is your account's plan tab reporting in regards to your quota? 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

andrew4549
Explorer | Level 3

Walter, I have no idea what "Plan tab reporting" means. Can you spell it out, please?

Rich
Super User II

@andrew4549 wrote:

Walter, I have no idea what "Plan tab reporting" means. Can you spell it out, please?

Go to the Plan tab in your account by following the link that Walter posted. What does it show for your space usage?

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?