cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my .mov audio out of sync when streaming from Dropbox?

Why is my .mov audio out of sync when streaming from Dropbox?

GMo1
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

So I make a Quicktime video in protools.Quicktime plays back in sync.I upload to Dropbox,email link..Quicktime plays back way out of sync when streaming from Dropbox via email link?  If I download Quicktime from Dropbox onto desktop,it plays in sync once again?

Any help is very appriciated! 

Thanks!

44 Replies 44

michael J.30
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I have the same exact issue.

My guess had been that allot of the ProTools movies I upload have empty space at the top before picture (i.e. two seconds blank before picture).

The way DropBox is encoding the files for preview must somehow be trying to sync first audio with first picture, hence the sync issue.

This is just a guess, by the way.

It happens in Safari and Chrome. I have not tried any other browsers.

My clients are bewildered that my screeners are all out of sync.

Fortunately one of them mentioned it to me or I would not have even known! This has evidently been a problem for quite some time, I just never preview my own stuff from DropBox and nobody bothered to tell me.

I've resorted to zipping every file I put up so that they HAVE to download it and not just screen it in the browser.

This really is terrible and needs to be fixed.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi there @michael J.30,

Thanks for the descriptive post regarding the investigation you've carried out - awesome work! 

In order to further troubleshoot, could you please try previewing your file(s) in incognito/private browser mode and ensure that you're not running any third party browser extensions? 

Let me know what you find!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

GMo1
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
I've tried the "private" mode in browsers.No change at all.

michael J.30
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi thank you for the reply!

Unfortuinately, I've tried that too with no better luck.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there @GMo1, sorry to hear that you're still having trouble with this. 

I've relayed this piece of information to the member of my team reviewing this for you and, as soon as they have more relevant steps or info, they'll get back to you via email. 

Also, thanks for giving the steps I mentioned a try, @michael J.30! Much appreciated. 

I was able to locate your ticket and have made sure to reply to it. Please check your inbox for my latest message and we'll take it from there. 

Thanks in advance for your cooperation, peeps!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Art5
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have the same problem. Could you please do something about it? I will switch to Google Drive if it keeps happening. The director I'm working with doesn't want to download every time he has to check a scene. 

Thanks,

Art

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Art5, I'd be more than happy to help!

I've sent you a ticket so that we can have a better look into this together, so when you have the chance, please check your inbox. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

AnnaMcauley
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hey! I am having the same issue - Could I please have some assistance too?

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Of course, @AnnaMcauley. We're here to help after all! :slight_smile:

I've sent you a ticket, so please make sure to check your inbox and we'll take it from there.

Thanks!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

ConsHugs
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi all,

I've been having this problem for a while and have just noticed that if the audio in the quicktime uploaded is compressed, then dropbox transcodes it with acceptable sync. All of my other uploads had PCM audio as I'm presenting music against the picture so didn't want to compress in case they were downloaded on the other end.

Of course, the transcoding should be able to handle PCM.... But this was certainly a fix for me.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

miloshima16 New member | Level 2
    reefshark Helpful | Level 5
    JimH3 New member | Level 2
    GingerWolficorn New member | Level 2
    cb1234veryannoyed New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?